There were Thirteen (13) new cases reported in Grant County.
October TOTAL —173
2,329 Total COVID Cases
- 1994 Confirmed Positive COVID cases
- 335 Probable COVID cases
- 2,209 Total Recovered
- 81 Active Cases uncertain how many hospitalized as some have transferred, and some have not been able to be reached.
- 35 Deaths listed as COVID related
MODERNA Boosters have been approved by the FDA but we must wait for approval and eligibility guidelines from the CDC. We will publish info when boosters will be available for Moderna vaccine.
There is no guidance for boosters for Johnson and Johnson vaccine at the present time.
Pfizer Boosters approved for those that had primary Pfizer series at least 6 months ago and are:
- age 65 or older
- age 18 or over with underlying medical conditions
- high risk exposure employment
You must bring your COVID vaccine card
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY:
Grant County Health Department call 304-257-4922
Grove Street Health Center 304-257-2451
Mt. Top Medical Health Center 304-693-7616
Judy’s Drug Store 304-257-1044
Pfizer Vaccine available for all age 12 yrs. and older
or Moderna for anyone age 18 or older
Grant County Health Department
Call Mt. Storm Health Center for more information on their COVID vaccine availability and dates
Please, if you have any symptoms such as a sore throat, nasal congestion, headache, body aches, loss of taste or smell or stomach upset, get tested early. This COULD be the onset of COVID and if positive, consult with your care provider for advice on treatment which may prevent severe complications. Your provider may order antibody infusions if determined you are at risk.
Free Community COVID Testing
Petersburg City Parking Lot
Tuesdays 11-5 Fridays 11-3
Testing By Appointment:
Grove Street Health Care Center 304-257-2451 or
Mt. Top Medical Center 304-693-7616.
The Mineral County Health Department is now taking appointments for those eligible for the Pfizer COVID-19 Booster Vaccination on Wednesday (10/20/21) from 9am to 3pm . If you are a WV resident, call us at (304)788-1321 for an appointment.
To be eligible, you MUST be at least 6 months since completing the Pfizer primary series and you meet the following requirements:
* Individuals 65 years and older
* Individuals 18-64 years old with underlying medical conditions
* Individuals 18-64 who are at increased risk for Covid-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting based on their individual assessment of benefits and risks
Please bring your photo ID and vaccination card with you to your boost vaccination clinic appointment.