Cause of Fire in LaVale Ruled Accidental

The cause of a fire at a home in LaVale is ruled accidental. According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office the fire began at about 10:30 Thursday morning in the kitchen of a two story single family home on Klosterman Ave in LaVale. The cause was accidental a dog jumped on kitchen gas stove and accidentally turned knobs on while occupants were not at home. The fire was noticed by a neighbor. 20 firefighters had the blaze under control in about 10 minutes. The fire caused about eight thousand dollars in damage. The occupants are displaced and are being assisted by family.