Frostburg Fire Ruled Accidental

The cause of a fire in Frostburg is ruled accidental. According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office at about 4:22pm on April 6th the owner of a home on Wencks Lane in Frostburg was cleaning a griddle on the front porch. The owner thought the griddle was off and sprayed a cleaner causing it to spread and catch bushes in front of the residence on fire. A neighbor heard the owner scream and grabbed a garden hose to put out the fire. 15 firefighters were called to the scene and had the fire under control in about five minutes. The fire caused about $2600 in damage. The owner sustained burns to their hands and left foot and they were transported to UPMC Western Maryland for treatment.