Fire in Garrett County Ruled Accidental

A fire at a business in Garrett County is ruled accidental. According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s office the blaze broke out at about 8:38pm October 11th in the basement of Harvest Moon Market on S. Main Street in Accident.A neighbor walking a dog noticed the blaze and called 911. The Deputy State Fire Marshals credit the neighbor’s actions for observing and calling 911, which prompted responding firefighters to contain the fire and minimize damage. The fire began in the basement and was caused due to spontaneous combustion of wash clothes and towels from the kitchen. 30 firefighters were called to the scene and had the fire under control in about five minutes. The fire caused about $3,000 in damage.