The Allegany County Health Department continues to offer free COVID-19 vaccinations every Wednesday on the ground floor of the Willowbrook Office Complex, 12501 Willowbrook Road, Cumberland. From 9 a.m. to noon both the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccines are offered for those age 18 and older. Then, from 1 to 4 p.m. the Pfizer COVID vaccine is offered for those age 12 and older. No appointment needed. Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Allegany County COVID-19 Case Statistics as of August 15:
● New COVID Cases: 58 (cumulative total 7,274)
● Additional Deaths: 1 (cumulative total 215)
● Cases Per 100,000 Population: 17.45 (Maryland: 14.56)
● Positivity Rate: 5.52% (Maryland: 4.65%)
Free Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing:
Allegany County Fairgrounds, 11400 Moss Avenue, Cumberland, MD
Monday, August 16 from 2 to 7 p.m.; Wednesday, August 18 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
No appointment or insurance card required. (PLEASE NOTE: There will be no testing at the fairgrounds on Friday, August 20 due to an event at the fairgrounds.)
There Were Seven (7) New Cases reported in Grant County
1,508 Total COVID Cases
• 1231 Confirmed Positive COVID cases
• 277 Probable COVID cases (Probable cases are those that have a positive result from a rapid antigen test).
• 1,448 Total Recovered
• 28 Active Cases (3 are now hospitalized)
• 28 Deaths listed as COVID related
Of the 36 active COVID-19 cases in Hardy County, 7 are vaccinated.
The Mineral County Health Department will be holding a COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic on Wednesday (8/18/21) from 9am to 3pm. If you or your child is WV resident, call (304)788-1321 for an appointment. Testing will be available Mondays and Fridays from 10am to 4pm (Excluding Holidays)
Unfortunately due to COVID protocol the Keyser High School football scrimmage this Friday against Bridgeport has been cancelled